Friday, June 29, 2007

The REAL Wedding... :)

For those of you matchmakers out there, here's a different ending...
LOL


She was alone again. Alone in a room full of her heart. She felt the tears welling up again, against her will. As she sat down on a chair to compose herself, she heard footsteps come up from behind. She looked up to see the same guy from before.

"Are you OK? I noticed your face earlier, and I asked a friend who you were right then, during the chuppah. He said you were the kallah's closest friend."

"Yeah, I'm fine. I mean, I'll be fine."

"Just wanted you to know that my friend will take good care of yours... Don't worry."

"Oh, I'm not worried. It's just that... well... you know..."

"Yeah, I know. I feel the same." He looked down at her. "All the guys going and getting married, off into married neverland, while I remain on the sidelines."

She stared. "Wow, you really do know how it feels. Never thought a guy felt like that. I always look over and see you all talking, and I often wonder why you even bothered to come to the chuppah."

"Well, listen, I can't exactly stand there crying. I'd never hear the end of it. So we sometimes talk just to get our minds off of it all." He gave a sad smile. "Sometimes, I wish it didn't have to be that way."

"I guess that as a girl, it is easier to let out my emotions. But I sometimes feel so foolish. Especially now. I mean, she's my best friend. I want to be happy for her, and here I am, bawling my eyes out. It's like some unseen force took my heart, ripped it in two and place a bucket of tears in its place. I just can't stop crying."

"Well, you're not crying now." He grinned.

She blushed. "Umm... well... I'm sort of being distracted right now..."
She felt her cheeks turn a deeper shade of red.

He smiled again. "Ah, well, we seem to be getting on pretty well. You wanna go out some time?"

She turned crimson. "I guess... umm.. but.. I don't even know your name!"

"That makes two of us. I don't know yours either."

"Do you do this often?"

"Nah. I normally go the shidduch route. But your pain really struck me, so..."

"Thanks for coming over. I truly appreciate it."

"No problem. My pleasure."

They exchanged names and numbers and he left the room, leaving her to contemplate this strange encounter. She couldn't believe herself. She had totally misjudged him. Placed him in a box in which he didn't belong. She felt terrible. Her tears had dried on her face by now, forgotten.

She dreamily walked into the next room, a small smile on her face, and went to join her friends.

19 comments:

Scraps said...

Ahh--now that is a happy ending! :)

David_on_the_Lake said...

awwwwwwwww
Nice ending....one that would probably never happen in real life..

the dreamer said...

scraps - :).... don't we all love happy endings?

david - yah, aint that sweet? to perfect...
ummm... ya neva know!

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Great ending:)

Bas~Melech said...

LOL. I like both endings, though the first one appealed much more to the cynic in me who hates happily-ever-afters that make things look easier than real life will ever be.

David Melamed said...

you musn't forget the bundle of clams you would save on shadchan fees.

I always thought weddings would be a perfect first date location. grab two "free" drinks, and take a walk around the block.

I like this ending much better.

They say that davening by a chuppa is hot stuff.
They say tears never go to waste.

It's like G-d answered your prayers and tears on the spot. While you were praying, he caught your eye...

the dreamer said...

swfm - :)

basmelech - that's why you get to choose... hey, why be happy when you can be cynical? lol.

mel - only one problem. IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.
:P
it is a good idea for a first date... except for all the blabbers who would go around ater discussing who walked with whom..

Floating Reflections said...

Yes, this fairytail ending is 'oh so sweet' but it isn't real and i feel pulls down the real feel of the rest of the story, sorry i'm going with the first ending pals ;)

But taking another point out of it, I do feel that boys also have a difficult time when single and dare I say it, even more than girls.

(....running away now before i get hit by those flying objects)

Anonymous said...

much better, then why did u have to take our hearts out first.

You should write a book, it'll be a best seller

Anonymous said...

behind a smile is right, true stories don't alway have a happy ending...
like they say from the gorlitzer rov zy"o son of the tzanzer ruv zy"o "most true stories aren't that long, and aren't that nice"

Shmuel said...

Hoo hoo!
Sounds like it could get a little "scandalous" now. Unfortunately, I know some people who have met under interesting circumstances, decided to forgo the standard shidduch route, and ending up getting themselves into messy situations caused by other's opinions and the art of character assassination...
Be careful...;p

Shmuel said...

Oh yeah...
I forgot to tell you that I tagged you, Dreamer. You can check my blog to find out what that means...

the dreamer said...

behind a smile - (your name is too long... i can't just call you "behind" lol) pick what you'd like.... and real life is often stranger than fiction...

nuch - i like playing surgeon... i'm thinking about it... maybe someday.

jewmaican - don't worry. i am. :P

Floating Reflections said...

You are right life is stranger than fiction and people's life can make the more interesting read but cummon, is it that predictable?? ;) I hope so for you. Truth is 'they say' when it comes it comes suddenly and you won't know what hit you but i've yet to find that out!
P.S. Dreamer you can call me what like - that is one area i'm not picky in!:)

the dreamer said...

smile - (i'm gonna stick with that) yeah... i'm thinkin that someone hit me over the head a while ago and that i just never woke up... lol...

Frimmy said...

I wonder if they got married. I just found your blog but I really like it and I'm reading back to catch up to where everyone else seems to be at!

the dreamer said...

frimmy - we'll leave the marriage part up to your imagination... makes it more fun!

jewmaican - i'm gonna try to get around to the tag one of these days... only problem is that i don't even read eight blogs... don't have much time! so we'll see...
:)

Floating Reflections said...

Just seen that you have added me to your blog roll - thanks :)

And hey - wake up and smell the toast, it's burning!

the dreamer said...

hmm? what toast? i smell pancakes...