Sunday, July 1, 2007

Tag

Jewmaican tagged me... Here goes...

1) Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
2) The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
3) At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. I love swimming but rarely go.
2. I love earrings... I own about twenty something pairs.
3. I spray perfume on almost every night before i go to sleep.
4. The only time I ever woke up past 9:00 was the first day of Rosh Hashana in sem. I woke up at 11:30... twas a shabbos, so i didn't miss shofar... i usually wake up with daylight (i think i've used an alarm maybe twice in my life), and the trissim were down so it was BLACK in the room...
5. I'm an awesome cook and baker. Any kind of food, but I prefer spices while cooking... and i won't eat something unless i've laid it out nicely on my plate.
6. I rarely drink fizzy drinks. Crystal Lite is one of my favorite drinks.
7. I was the smallest baby in my family. (if you'd know me, that's quite funny, cuz i'm tall)
8. I never learned to ride a bike.

k, i'm supposed to tag eight people, but i can't do that, so i'm just gonna tag 1. (basmelech's not really around, or i would tag her...) Mel - you're it!

18 comments:

Shmuel said...

I just discovered that I like swimming too. But it really wipes you out, huh?
Ears would probably be the last things I pierced, if I went that route...
Us guys are told not to put on anti-perspirant before sleep because the pores need to breathe at night.
Halevai I could say that I only woke up that late once. At one point in my life it seemed like I was waking at the crack of noon every day...
Can't bake...
PEPSI rocks!
Hmmm.
I can sort of ride a bike, but I was a real late bloomer; same went for learning how to tie my shoes...

David Melamed said...

so, that's it... I am sloppy seconds to bas melech. Who might I add doesnt even have the decency to blog during the summer?!

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Very interesting, I don't like fizzy drinks either and I love to swim and don't get enough.

the dreamer said...

no mel, i would have tagged the both of you...

and basmelech doesn't have much internet access during the summer months...

Scraps said...

I love to swim, but I only rarely have the chance to do so. I'd go more often if I could.

I love earrings, but I don't change mine often. I usually wear the same earrings all week and change them to go with my Shabbos outfits.

I'm not a big soda person, but I like to mix seltzer and juice.

And you already know that I can't ride a bike either. :)

David Melamed said...

Doesn't the Gemara say that a father is obligated to teach his children how to ride a bike?!

Scraps said...

Hmm...the Rambam says that a father has to teach his child how to swim. My father and I used to swim laps together when I was a little kid. :) I never heard anything about bike-riding, though...

David Melamed said...

I wasn't being serious. The gemara in kedushin discusses the Mitzvos h'av al Ha'ben... The things a father is obligate to teach his son... Swimming is one of them, etc...

One of the fundamental experiences of childhood is coping with having your bike stolen. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have to deal with that.

the dreamer said...

swfm - i only like to swim when there's nobody around.. that doesn't happen too often...

scraps - i sometimes forget to change my earrings, and can go for a while with the same pair... but when i see a nice pair, i just buy them... add to my collection...
seltzer and juice makes the juice taste spoiled in my opinion... if you ever tasted sour juice, you'll never drink that concoction again...

mel - lol. i think it mentions somewhere beitzah about teaching girls how to cook BEFORE they get married...

scraps - don't tell me you took him seriously...

mel - you would have more bikes...

David_on_the_Lake said...

Love these little glimpses past the veil of anonmymity..
:-)
hmmm so ur the imelda marcos of the earlobe...
perfume..before u go to sleep?..ur teddy bear must thak u for that..
:-)

the dreamer said...

david - :)
'cept my earrings aren't that 'spensive.

everyone thinks me strange for the perfume thing... my blankie thanks me, actually... no teddy bears in sight.
:)

Shmuel said...

Blankie?
Used to have one, until it "went away" reminiscent of how informers "disappear"...
The plot thickens.

the dreamer said...

nah, i never had a real "blankie."

i just love my polartec fleece blanket.. 'specially when it's freezing at night.

i never had a pacifier or sucked my thimb or had a doll or teddy that i had to sleep with... miss independant from the womb...

Scraps said...

I have had spoiled juice. I still like the taste of juice and seltzer. :)

the dreamer said...

scraps - you're weird. what can i say?

Scraps said...

I know I'm weird, but I didn't think that was what tipped the balance. :-P

Floating Reflections said...

Haven't you people heard of water?? Personally i couldn't live without it, all fizzy stuff just makes me more thirsty.

the dreamer said...

scraps - that's what YOU think...

smile - what's water?
lol.
yeah, i drink lots of water too. crystal lite is mostly for shabbos.