Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Lonely

I shuffle about the grassy field. The sky is dark above me, yet I can't look up the stars. I just stare at the grayish-green carpet below me, looking around every now and then.

I'm alone, out there in the field. I'm always alone. No one ever wants to come near me. To befriend me. I come out to this place every night, and it's always in solitude. If anyone notices me approaching, they quickly leave the area. They think I don't see them, but I do. And it hurts. Why can't they accept me for who I am?

It's not as if I'm not pretty. I am. And all say that I'm cute and adorable and they'd love to be my friend, but I know they don't mean it. They never do. Even those who stay around once in a while soon discover that they really don't wish to be near me.

So I'm alone.

It's because of one thing. Just one little thing is chasing away the masses from me. And I really can't help it.





The truth is, I smell.









19 comments:

Anonymous said...

'What kills a skunk is the publicity it gives itself'
-Abraham Lincoln

Bas~Melech said...

lol. You will probably surprise a lot of people with this one... unfortunately, the way it came up on my browser, I saw the pic first, so I kind of had an idea of what was coming...

David_on_the_Lake said...

oh no...dont u start with ur feeling sorry for urself posts..
Only I'm allowed...
:-P

halfshared said...

Lol! I love the way you write. Very interesting and different. It is so refreshing. Keep it up!

Floating Reflections said...

Good one - you had me fooled for a while, neat twist but then again I should expect that from you ;)

anon1226 said...

lol.. you are good, I didn't see the pic first ,I was like what happend to you confidents

C said...

nice
but one little thing... the skunk doesn't smell, he sprays
ppl dont wanna get close because they dont want to stink
its his own fault really
if he didnt spray, hed have more friends

smb said...

lol, that was good

the dreamer said...

juggling - true.

basmelech - your computer is weird.

david - ummm... you consider me a SKUNK?

searhing - thanks.

smile - i read it to a friend of mine, and the whole while she thought "i didn't know she felt this way... wow..." and then she burst out laughing when i showed her the pic...

anon - my confidence is intact, thank you very much.

chaya - G-d gave him that spray/smell as a naturally instinctive guard agaist predators...and some feel that way towards everyone...

lvnsm27 - thanks.

Scraps said...

Ah yes...those days when we forget our deodorant...they sure do stink.

[ducks and runs]

Anonymous said...

there are days when you forget your deodarant?
oh, your poor friends...

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Cute you fooled me I didn't see the pic until the end you had me feeling bad for you but I ended reading the post with a laugh.

Floating Reflections said...

After a grueling day dealing with school governors, who have kindly 'agreed' they also need to see me tomorrow, I think i'll borrow that skunk spray!

Scraps said...

Y'know, if I didn't know we were both joking, I'd take offense to that... :-P

Shmuel said...

Heh.
Good one...
Of couse, during the 9 days, we ALL smell.

Sara with NO H said...

Awww how cute! lol

the dreamer said...

swfm - nah, i don't need your pity.
:)

smile - you're so english! school governors...
:)

scraps - ummm... who should take offense?

jewmaican - "not I," said the cat.

sara - as cute as a skunk?

Rebecca said...

I gotta admit this is pretty funny. And it takes a lot for me to crack a smile on planned jokes :-). So yasher koach

the dreamer said...

rebecca - glad I could make you smile.
:)