Monday, October 15, 2007

What To Say?

Years of praying.
Crying.
Looking around at those who have
What you don't.
Wishing mazel to your relatives
While wishing you had mazel
For yourself.
And finally,
An answer to your prayers.
The child you dreamed
You would hold in your arms
Finally seems to be
In your future.
And you're smiling
All the time.
Attend another's simcha
With joy.

But once again
Happiness
Has eluded you.
That baby
You thought was yours
At the last minute
Has been wrenched from
Your womb.

My dearest cousin,
I wish I could
Comfort you
But I don't know how.
So take my tear
And place it near your heart.
Take my hand
And hold it in yours.
Let us weep together.
And pray together.
And maybe
One day
Soon
We both shall merit
True happiness
Together.

9 comments:

halfshared said...

You expressed your emotions so well. Your feelings really came through and I find myself in pain along with this cousin of yours. I feel for her pain and hope that Hashem is menachem her very soon. May we only share besuros tovos.

Scraps said...

That's so very heartwrenching. :(

May we all share many simchas very soon...

Floating Reflections said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Floating Reflections said...

Sorry to hear this. They must be really going through a painful time. May Hashem send them and all those who need it, their deepest wishes answered soon and may their tears of sadness be transformed to tears of joy.

Bas~Melech said...

:'(

Amen.

David_on_the_Lake said...

Amen is right...
too much sadness...

Yaffa said...

This was written so well.
There really is nothing to say to someone at a time like this.

But there sure are plenty of things NOT to say.

I hope Hashem protects her from any more hurt.

corner point said...

Wow.

Wow.

I don't think there is anything else to say...

Maybe just that Hashem should accept your Tefillos and answer them l'tova and b'karov.

All of our Tefillos...

Anonymous said...

:-( Beautifully written...it's obviously coming from your heart.