Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hmmm...?

Woke up in the early dawn
Sweating in my sleep
Hunched over, clutching center
'Twasn't very sweet

I did feel kind of nauseous
As I dashed into the loo
Though I was feeling crummy
There was one thing I knew

I could never tell YOU.

See, I knew that if I'd say
That I wasn't feeling great
Your eyes would travel center
To see if I'd gained weight

Then you'd gently give a knowing smile
And ask me when I'm due.
Did it ever occur to you
That I simply have the flu?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-) So true.... Hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

thanks.
i am.
was sick a couple of weeks ago, actually.

now i'm only ill one day of the week, when one of my co-carpoolers drives... shaky ride isn't the word...

David_on_the_Lake said...

lol
oh...as if they're not looking...as it is..

feel better

Bas~Melech said...

Snort. Glad you're feeling better, anyway...