Thursday, April 10, 2008

New Beginnings...

They all said
they've never been
to a wedding
like ours.

It wasn't just
the number
of attendees.

It wasn't
the food

or the decor

or even
the location.

It wasn't the length of time
people stayed around.
(packed tables until after the second dance)

It wasn't the hair
the makeup
or the gowns.

It wasn't even the dancing
(though even I barely sat...
people didn't even know that I sprained my ankle.)

No.

It was the feeling
in the air.
The joy.
The endless simcha.

Thank you
for making my wedding
one to remember.

As the caterer said,
"I've done many weddings
but I've never seen one
like this one."

Mazal Tov!

8 comments:

David_on_the_Lake said...

Smiling...

from a distance

Bas~Melech said...

:-D
Very true.

Though the number of attendees, food, decor, location, hair, makeup, gowns, and dancing were also amazing ;-)

Shmuel said...

Well, Mazel tov!

How's it feel? It's a shame I missed it...sorry.

LittleBirdies said...

Mazal tov. I wasn't expecting to hear from you for a while.

halfshared said...

Mazel tov. So nice to hear from you.

the dreamer said...

david - :)
won't be at such a distance soon...
lol

BM - yup.

JM20 - thanks!
marriage is great. best thing that could have happened to me.
how's prep coming along for yours?

LB - i wasn't either. but i decided to come on and write anyway.

halfshared - :)

Scraps said...

Mazal tov! It really was a beautiful wedding. :)

Shmuel said...

Eh...the prepping is kinda rough, what with Pesach smack in middle of things. Still, things are working out, so can't complain...