Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hurt

Locked in a power struggle
I have no wish
To be a part of.

As long as someone is helped,
Who cares who does the helping?

Do you really have to put another down?

Do you really have to confuse
Someone who is already quite confused?

Do you really think my hashkafos
Are not up to par?

Why are you catching me on something
You do yourself?

Why are you taking me to task
For something you never spoke to me about?

Have you ever asked me
Why I do the things I do?

Have you ever asked me anything at all?

And one last question -
Would you ever have spoken to her if I hadn't done so first?



I'm so glad I'm leaving this school.

5 comments:

AT PEACE said...

I've been through the system, so can definately relate...

I hope the girl doesn't get trampled in the midst.

Keep your head high and stay strong : )

Anonymous said...

Sigh...people have this idea that "confused" teenagers are public property, and when you're trying to deal with them, you become public property as well. It's a tough tough situation...you want to help, but you have to get through everyone else's idiocy along the way...kol hakavod to you for braving on!

LittleBirdies said...

I feel for the kids in the school who will be losing a teacher who is level headed, who cares, who listens, and who is willing to help.

halfshared said...

The school does not deserve you. The kids do though so I feel bad for them. Hope the next school you work for appreciates your worth.
Good luck with everything.

Bas~Melech said...

:-(

I know there's been stuff, but I didn't realize it was bad enough to make you thrilled to leave.

Then again, I suppose I could say the same ;-)

Only 3 months to go (for me)...

And I echo Littlebirdies. Who will be there if not you?