Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Acting The Part



The curtains have parted
The show has begun
And there's little old me on the stage

And I say my line
Just the very first one
But it seems that I'm on the wrong page

The audience snickers
It's their bit of fun
As I start to feel half my age

When another actor
Whose part's almost done
Spouts advice with the ease of a sage

And he tells me I must
Desist to run
And slowly walk into my cage

Act the same as the next
Forget every pun
Dress along with the ton
Expect to have fun
Wear your hair in a bun
Never use a gun
Stay out of the sun
And that nobody's won
On this stage.

10 comments:

David_on_the_Lake said...

And your reply to that was...?

Anonymous said...

I don't get it. :-)

corner point said...

Don't listen to him!!!!!!

Be yourself cuz that's the Dreamer we love...

halfshared said...

I'm not sure I get it either..hope everything is okay.

AT PEACE said...

Just because they say no one's ever done it, (which may or may not be true) doesn't mean you can't!!! Courage and perseverance has gotten people to places they never would have imagined...Hatzlocha!

Bas~Melech said...

That was fairly depressing. I hope there's a punchline coming. :-P

I miss you Dreamer! Will you be back after the wedding... or further away...?

the dreamer said...

david - i'll do what i want, thank you very much. only after i'm marrie...

SIS - i'm confused, too. :)

CP - so, you're saying that I should start using guns?
:P

HS - e/t is fine, b"h. just tryong to keep up with the cohens.

AP - uh huh.

BM - no punchline, but i sure aint depressed.
and yeah, i'll be farther away, but i'll always be close at heart... (aaaaaawwww... now tear up, k?)

Bas~Melech said...

You do realize that you still haven't told me where you're going? Last time I asked you "didn't know yet." Which is kind of an indicator of how long it's been... :-P

the dreamer said...

uh, my dear - i did tell you.
sorry.
you've just forgotten.

Scraps said...

Sometimes (actually, most of the time) the things we want come with a price.