Thursday, February 19, 2009

Before Dawn

Just wrote a new song...
Still playing with the tune.
Feels good. Haven't written one in a while.
:)


It's so black outside before dawn
It's so dark outside while I'm waiting for morning
The stars are asleep
And the sun hasn't yet awakened
And it feels like the cold will not desist

Yet tomorrow, the sun will shine
As it shined yesterday
And tomorrow, I'll be coddled by its rays
Yes tomorrow, the sun will shine
Heralding the new day
Tomorrow will be a better day.

As I peer outside, I see hope
As I look outside, I know I'm only coping
Now the world is washed in silver
But soon, it'll bathe in gold
As the sun releases morning's kiss

Tomorrow, the sun will shine...

1 comment:

Bas~Melech said...

I like :-)
Good to see you're still writing/singing!