Sunday, September 28, 2008

Getting Ready...

I'm washing the mushrooms
The onions I'm dicing
Not thinking about
The finger I'm slicing

The apples are peeled
The honey cake's baking
Not thinking about
The back that is aching

The corned beef is cooking
And so is the soup
Not thinking about
My messy back room

The potatoes are grated
I've spiced all the fish
Not thinking about
The shiur I've missed

The table is set now
The candles are lit
So different from last year
Life's changed quite a bit...

4 comments:

Bas~Melech said...

Sigh.

At least you still have your rhythm.

;-)

Shana tova, my dear.

David_on_the_Lake said...

Yes...you haven't missed a beat...

Good to have you back..
blogworld has not been the same without your thought provoking..posts...

Ksiva Vchasima Tova

the dreamer said...

BM - yup, at least for that.

David - you're still dotty, huh?

LittleBirdies said...

Welcome back. It's interesting how life changes in each stage of our lives.