Sunday, May 25, 2008

Are You Okay?

The other day, a car hit mine. Baruch Hashem, my car sustained just a small, barely noticeable scratch.

It was raining, and I was going really slow, yet I couldn't stop. I swerved to avoid him, and thereby just missed hitting the front passenger door. Had I been travelling a little faster, there would have been a major accident.

Though he had pulled out of a spot parked the wrong way and drove across the lane straight into me, he still claimed that it was my fault; that I "came out of nowhere."

Then, truly from out of nowhere, came a tow truck with a photographer in tow. (Even before the police arrived!) Didn't bother to ask if I'm okay; didn't bother to say excuse me; he asked if I was filing, and when I replied in the negative, he zoomed off. (We spotted him a few minutes later, towing another car...)

My fellow Yid - I am truly disgusted. I know you have to earn a parnassa, but please! A little mentchlichkeit!

5 comments:

halfshared said...

I'm sorry..hope you're okay..

Scraps said...

While you're physically okay, I'm sure you must be badly shaken. I'm just glad there wasn't more serious damage.

LittleBirdies said...

Glad to hear you're OK. Unfortunately that's the way some people are, yidden and non-yidden alike. Courtesy and patience seem to have been lost.

David_on_the_Lake said...

Ugh..with a capitol U

glad ur ok...

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

B"H your ok, The trucker who was taking photo's was Jewish? that's sad for someone to only want take pictures of what happened and not actually go to check out if the people are okay.