Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Cow Shopping



Off to the farm
To purchase a cow
To feed my Son.

Farmer,
Line up the cows
So that I may make my
Selection.

That one’s got
Way too many spots.

This one has
Much too much
Meat on it.
My son will get fat.

That other one
Moos too often.

This one over here
Looks like it’s been
Through a lot.

Farmer,
Are there no cows
Good enough
To feed my Son?

Bring the sheep!

No, that one’s
Too bushy.

And why is this one
So quiet?

That other one
Has curly hair.
Probably a bad temperament.

Farmer,
Are there no sheep
Good enough
To feed my Son?

Bring the goats!

Now, that’s better.

This one’s got
A nice long mane.
And nice and thin, as well.

But wait!
What are these patches
Missing from her coat?

Too thin, you say?
Can’t be.
One can never be
Too thin.

I’ll take this one.

What’s that,
My dear Son?
There’s nothing left too eat?
Son, you shall learn…

Mommy knows best.

19 comments:

Bas~Melech said...

Good one. Makes me smile despite it all...

smb said...

excellent analogy

Scraps said...

Ah yes, the lovely shidduch meat-market. Can't say I'm sorry to be opting out of your scene...

Anonymous said...

I'm with you totally!

Do you have any ideas for a solution?

AT PEACE said...

Hear Yee!

My blog is up!

Check it out at

atpeacewithmysoul.blogspot.com

Come on say hi!

At Peace with a blog

Floating Reflections said...

Hope you soon find a buyer that will appreciate you - it's horrible feelings that you are being checked out and disgarded.

the dreamer said...

basmelech - at least i made you smile...

lvn - thanx

scraps - don't think it's MUCH different at your end... maybe you don't have the mothers involved as much, but it's still a market...

at peace - nope. sorry. :)

smile - i hope i find someone who won't consider me as a bought item...

Yaffa said...

Tecnically your husband *will* buy you...and halachicaly he'll own you...;-)

But I wish you lotsa hatzlacha and I hope you never go on sale- you're worth too much.

David_on_the_Lake said...

Great post...
Mommy might know best...but shes not the hungry one

Anonymous said...

ia - i still hope he won't consider me a "bought item"
:)
thanks.

david - f'sure.

Sara with NO H said...

a gmar chasima tova shanas geula vyeshua v'hisromos keren yisroel.

halfshared said...

Are you talking about meddling mother in laws to be? So sad but so true..

Shmuel said...

Wait...
If YOU'RE the beef, then what are we?
( I mean guys..)

the dreamer said...

sara - amen

halfshared - yeah

jewmaican - you're the one's who go hungry.
:)

Floating Reflections said...

Really sorry - didn't mean it like that and i hope i didn't cause you unnecessary pain. I meant I hope you find your zivug soon.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a gut gebencht Yohr and a gut kvitel and a gut yomtov

Anonymous said...

I don't know. The older I get, the more mistakes I make, the more I realize mommy knows more then I give her credit for.

the dreamer said...

smile - it's ok. didn't take offense.

nuch - thanks. amen!

karma dude - oh yeah, for sure. i'm not necessarily speaking of a specific person... i'm talking about shidduchim crazies.

Scraps said...

True...b'chol zot, it's still a meat market. Don't I know it....